Monday, February 13, 2012

Abraham

I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow and I am feeling like it could not have come at a better time. I have been feeling so low lately. It is to the point now that I sometimes feel like I need to wear sunglasses at all times because you never know what is going to make me spring a leak. I was telling Britany today that my sensitivity level has greatly increased. I listed off the top few things that can really get me:

  • The song Overcome by Jeremy Camp - If we sing this in church I am a goner
  • Any and all pregnant women just make me misty
  • Or how about movie trailers like "The Vow" oh man watch out 
  • And honestly the worst is those commercials about the abused dogs. I have to turn the channel fast otherwise we have Niagara Falls on our hand.
We have been ready and studying "The Story" in church and in our small group. Last night we talked about Abraham and how God promised him a son. However he had to wait quite awhile. At one point Sarah his wife offers up her servant Hagar to him and she bears him a son. As thrilled as Abraham was God told him that this was not quite what he had in mind and reaffirmed his promise to give him a son by Sarah. I think Abraham had to wait somewhere around 25 years for Issac to be born. Can you imagine? Twenty five years!

God's plan for our life is greater then we can comprehend. One thing God is teaching me right now is that through the waiting it is okay to be sad as long as I surrender to him. I think I have spent a lot of time feeling guilty of my sadness. Feeling unworthy of the right. And feeling like I was unworthy of bringing this in front of my Lord. God called Abraham a righteous man even though Abraham asked God over and over about his promise. I want to be like Abraham! 

Please pray for me I can use them everyday. Please pray for my doctors appointment and that I have the ability to communicate well. Hope you all have a happy Valentines Day! I know I am one lucky gal to have a husband like Luke!

No comments:

Post a Comment