Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Promise


My grandma Mary went to see Jesus last Thursday August 30th at 9:50pm. The weekend was filled with the visitation, funeral and burial.  Ironically this Labor Day weekend last year was the weekend my parents were poisoned with CO2 and almost died. By yesterday everyone was physically and emotionally worn out. And all of us were determined that next Labor Day weekend was going to be a better one.  
During grandma’s funeral on Saturday we played a video of her being interviewed on her 82nd birthday by my Aunts. They asked her a bunch of light hearted questions like what her favorite song was, favorite actor, favorite pastime, who her best friend’s were ect.  Then the questions turned to Deal or No Deal scenarios. They asked her if she liked war, believed in abortion, condoned in divorce and if she supported Chief Illini.  There were many questions regarding the first time she met my grandfather, what her hopes and dreams were and how many kids she wanted to have.
There were two questions they asked her that really spoke to me. The first was how many kids she wanted to have, I will post about this later. The second question was if she was afraid of dying?  She quickly responded no and then proceeded to say that God had given us a Promise of a place that we cannot ever imagine. She was not worried if she was going to be bored, what she was going to look like or what she was going to eat.  She was not afraid of when that time came because it was not up to her. She was just choosing to accept The Promise that God had given her.  
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going."

2 comments: