Thursday, December 6, 2012

Not quite like Chris church mouse....

When I was little we used to read the stories of Christopher Curchmouse by Barbara Davoll?
They are really cute books and some of my favorite. With that said a mouse in a story is very different than a live mouse.

A few weeks ago I noticed that I may have a very unwelcome mouse friend making house in my basement. In the 2.5 years we have lived at IRA this has never been a problem until now. I freaked out and went on a cleaning frenzy because let's be honest little mouse poop is so disgusting.

I went out right away and bought some standard mouse traps and put a little peanut butter in the middle. Weeks went by and nothing and I assumed that my mouse friend had decided that he wanted to make house elsewhere. Life was good until last Saturday while putting up the rest of my Christmas decor I find a little mouse poop once again.

If it was not for getting into HUGE trouble with my husband I probably would have given every item that resides in the basement away because of how grossed out I am by this mouse. After getting over my disgust and fear I headed back out to the store to get some more traps. I ended up with the sticky glue pads.

Monday night we set all six of  them out all around the base of the basement. Nothing happened until last night when I made Luke go and check. He calls me downstairs right away claiming that one of the pads was all the way across the room upside down and stuck to the rug.


Basically we have GI JO mouse on our hands people because the little sucker must have got stuck freaked out and then decided he was going to win. He must have chewed his way free because we found clumps of mouse hair and poop all around where the sticky pad was stuck to the carpet. If you are thinking that the sticky pads must have not been sticky enough I will challenge you to go buy one stick it on your rug and then try and pull it off. I wish I would have taken a picture because the sight was really just unbelievable.

At this point it is mouse 2, Stephanie & Luke 0. However we set out some more snap traps so I just hope little mouse enjoys his last few days because I am not giving up no matter what it takes. 

1 comment:

  1. My senior year of college we had a field mouse take up residence in our apt. Snap trap got him in no time. They're the best way to go. Although I was a bit traumatized the morning I woke up and saw a stiff little mouse tail sticking out of that thing...yuck.

    ReplyDelete