Monday, March 26, 2012

I am going to be a AUNT

Did I make some of you jump out of your seats with this title? No my sisters are not pregnant but my best friend is and she is having a girl!!! Baby Ellery Wynn will be here in early August and I am super super excited. Even though Laura and I are not related we have been best friends since the 3rd grade and thus I feel like this qualifies me to don the Aunt title.

I had the pleasure of visiting Laura, Andrew and Baby Ellery (In Womb) for four days in Texas.We had so much fun shopping and chatting away. Friday was the gender reveal party and it was so much fun. I realized today that I did not even get one picture of Laura and I and her bump :(. She has been sending me a weekly bump picture every Sunday and we should have taken one together. She will be here in June for a baby shower I am throwing her so that is going to be number one priority! 

It is really crazy to have a friend that you grow up with and go through all of life's big changes together. At Laura's wedding rehearsal almost four years ago I sobbed. It was not because I did not want her to get married to Andrew it was because I am not a change person and could not picture how our relationship was going to be after she was married. That has been a great change and seems like the norm now. Saturday night we stayed up so so late and were talking about the baby and all of a sudden the tears started peeping out of my eyes. Baby Ellery is much wanted by her parents, family and friends but I had that same moment I had at her rehearsal. This change is a good change and I know our friendship will just get stronger. 

It was a great visit and I am just sitting here wishing she just did not live so far away!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment