Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pay If Forward!

Yesterday before I headed into work I decided that I had to have the 400 calorie hot chocolate from Starbucks. Yes, I obviously have fallen off the wagon and really need to get back on. But you know how it is, it is hard to eat healthy all the time especially when you are super busy. Speaking of busy I have officially started swim season again and that has equaled complete and utter exhaustion.

Anyway I pulled up to the drive thru window and put in my order. As I waited in line I was really so focused on what my day had in store that I was lost in thought when I pulled up to the window. The gal handed me my hot chocolate and preceded to tell me that the man in front of me had already paid for my drink. I think I told the lady at the window thank you like four times because I was shocked. Seriously it was a awesome way to start the day and really makes you realize that there are people that are kind and thoughtful.

My goal is to pay it forward x3 over the next week in three different ways. It is time that I start living out my faith and being selfless and generous without expecting anything in return. Thank you Good Samaritan you brightened my day and also reminded me of what God calls us to do while we are here on this earth.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea...to repay the kindness 3x! I like that!

    ReplyDelete