Monday, July 9, 2012

One Year Ago.....


One year ago today at around 11:00am I found out I was pregnant. We had just got back from Arkansas the night before and Luke had left a few days before me to head up to Peoria to tile his mom’s floor. I had woken up that morning and thought it was strange that I was a week and a half late aside from a tiny bit of spotting about a week before.  We had just started trying the month before and so I really in no way thought I could be pregnant. I also had had a cyst that I knew about and honestly thought that was probably the problem.  
I just decided I was going to take the plunge and take a test.  I peed on the stick left it in the bathroom and kind of forgot about it for the next hour b/c I was doing laundry. When I finally remembered I ran back in the bathroom to see a blazing positive. Talk about completely shocked. I honestly did not believe it so I ended up peeing on another and it was positive again. Still thinking that this could not be correct I ran to Wal-Mart to get another brand just to check it out.
Sure enough that one was positive. I started really freaking out and at that point decided I better call Luke. I really did not want to have to tell him over the phone but he was not supposed to be back till the next day and there was no way I was going to be able to wait. When I told him I know he was surprised at just how fertile we both were.
Crazy what can happen in a year. I remember thinking after I miscarried that I surely would get pregnant within a few months b/c I had gotten pregnant so fast the first time. Little did I know? However Luke and I both agreed that even though we would not wish for anything different we have both grown a ton. My surgery is a week from this Wednesday so all prayers would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment