Friday, July 8, 2011

Hatchery

Have you ever been to a fish hatchery? Well I have once when I was younger and then again today. Today was a little stormy when we woke up so we decided since it was probably not going to be a sunburn day we would do something else.

The journey to the hatchery was long and treacherous. When you get to the hill there are signs that say "restricted". Me being the rule follower was paralyzed after seeing the sign did not want to to go down the hill. However realizing that my dad and two other peeps over 50 were already 1/20 the way down succumbed to the peer pressure. I figured if we were to get arrested that I had a pretty good chance of making a run for it and leaving at least one behind:)

We spent about a hour at the hatchery. Basically it is made up of about sixty very long in grown open air tanks with literally millions of fish. Each tank housing a different size fish/breed.

Not a bad activity to do but seriously if you have the tackle the Arkansas mountain to get there just call me and I will fill you in.



No comments:

Post a Comment