Wednesday, July 27, 2011

OH MY!

Some times I laugh at the things that Luke and I get ourselves into or think we are going to do. Back in 2007 Luke had bid on this little gem and won it for $40,000.00. Fortunately after a lot of discussion and planning on how to practically build a new house Luke  decided to forfeit. I think he ended up losing his $500.00 deposit on this House that was being sold "As-Is". Below is a little tour of our almost project.



When you walked into the front door you were greeted by this has potential but very sad fireplace. To the right was once bedroom one but now the whole house was just one open space.



Here is another picture of the edge of the fireplace and the window.  The floors in this house were all wood and could have been refinished in the living room but there were huge gaps in the dining room missing. 

This is a picture of the only bathroom in the house. Pretty pitiful I know. The second time I was in this house and we had begun taking measurements for things and beginning to draw out what we were going to do. I walked into the bathroom and did not see the 1ft x 1ft gaping hole in the floor and fell through. To clarify my entire body did not fall through just my entire right leg. It was scraped bruised and battered for days after. 

The house was being sold as a two bedroom with a loft and unfinished basement. Funny because I am not sure how they considered any of the house to be "finished". This is a picture of the crickety old stairs that were going to have to be replaced. These led upstairs to the loft. Pretty rough. Our idea was to have the master bedroom upstairs and possibly rig up a small shower and toilet. There were no definite closets so we were going to have to make closets that utilized the slope. 

The big brick part of the picture is where the chimney runs to the roof of the house. Positive Point: The whole house had brand new insulation this is the yellow stuff you see everywhere.

 And finally the last picture of this House tour is one of the basement. Nothing special pretty bare but it did have a little water problem.  I just realized that I do not have a picture of the front or of the kitchen. Don't worry you really are not missing out.

All I can say is that I am super glad this is not my house and really thankful this little (haha) project fell thru. 

No comments:

Post a Comment