Thursday, October 13, 2011

THE Rag

This is not a Facebook link worthy post mostly because I am sure it would make some dudes uncomfortable. :)
I can't remember when I first heard about "The Rag" I think it may have been from Laura in our old church bathroom. I remember thinking that it sounded so much groser then the word period. Honestly it really was. 

The phrase " on the rag" originated sometime during the late 19th to early 20th century. When a women was menstruating she was "on the rag" a phrase that literally described the way women of the day protected themselves from leaking down their legs. (Gross) Basically women had a supply of not only "that time of the month underwear" but  supply of rags they would layer together depending on the protection needed then use clothes pens to attach these pens to their undies. 

 I mean can you even imagine? I would hate having to wear pads let alone layers of rags. It is bad enough to have to be "on the rag" then to actually have to sit on rags haha.. Sometimes I think that our society has become way to advanced but in this area I think we are right where we need to be!! All I can say is thank you Playtex!!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, thanks for pinning this on me :) haha

    ReplyDelete