Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Broken Visor Anyone?

In the fall my right passenger seat visor broke in my car. I was pulling it down one day while Luke and I were on our way to church to put on some mascara. As I was pulling the visor down I heard this cracking noise it sounded like mini firecrackers. I must have stripped the visor because it would not hold it self up or down. Feeling super frustrated over the next few days I bought every kind of Velcro contraption possible to keep the visor up.

Fast forward plus or minus 7 months and I am driving down  the street today to meet my cousin for dinner and I pull down the driver seat visor and snap crackle pop this visor breaks. Feeling pretty defeated I let the visor hang in my face and  slouched in the seat the rest of the way to the restaurant. Forgetting about my visor during dinner I hopped back in the car. After about ten seconds I realized that I really did not need the visor down since it was dark so I was either going to have to hold it up or let in hang in my face. I opted for the hanging in my face and proceeded on my way home. I pull up to a stop light and a kid that I used to go to high school with pulls up next to me. Feeling super subconscious I push up my visor and wave. I know he had to laugh because the visor would just fall right back down and in the course of the light I probably tried to put it up 15 times. I am sure he thought I had turned OCD and was just doing some ritual like the ones that MTV shows some people do.

I am now in the pursuit of not one new visor but two for my 2006 Hyundai Sonata. If you know where I need to get this and better yet how to replace my visor let me know. For now I may just type up a disclaimer and tape it on my car that reads "I am not OCD I promise I am just wrestling with my Visor".

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! My old pontiac had a fabric roof that starting sagging. I used a staple gun to fix it. It was so ghetto.

    ReplyDelete