Thursday, June 23, 2011

WEBMD

I have two really big faults:
  1.        I am truly a hypochondriac. I am not sure how I became this way but I know it probably started out when I was little. I was the kid that hated shots so much that my mom had to hold me down when I was little so that the nurse could quickly give me whatever vaccine I was scheduled for. I absolutely hate being sick!! I mean to me there is no worse torture then to have the stomach flu and throw up. I do everything in my power to avoid sticking my head in a toilet bowl. I get really bad headaches and I would like to think I have learned how to function despite how awful I fell but I know I am a huge baby. I honestly think my problem is that I watch way to many medical shows and I think that something is wrong with me all the time.
  2.  I am a WEB MD addict. Have you ever used WEB MD? Basically you can select all of your symptoms and it will spit out 150 different illnesses, conditions or disease that you may but probably more than likely do not have. Anyhow this website is really bad for me, really the internet is just bad because whatever condition I have I will research it to a fault. Now some of you may always assume the best case scenario but not me. 

 I thought I would give you a couple different examples of times in my life where I thought something was extremely wrong. To do this accurately I created the below chart to illustrate the points above.

Symptom
WEB MD/Stephanie’s Diagnosis
Actual Diagnosis
Treatment
Sharp Chest Pains
Heart Attack/Lung Failure
Pleurisy
NOTHING L
Nausea, Blurry Vision, Extreme Head Pounding
Aneurism, Brain Tumor
Migraine
MRI(negative result)
Demerol  Shot in the Rear
Sore RT ARM, Swollen Pressure
Large Bump
Debilitating Tumor or Clogged Sweat Glands
Fatty Cyst
TIME
Cramps, Sharp Side Pain
Burst Appendix
Indigestion
TUMS
Sharp Pain, Dizziness, Immobile Neck
Paralyzed, Nerve Damage, Slipped Disk
Pinched Nerve
Toradol Shot, Ibuprofen & REST

2 comments: