Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Porch Remodel - Time Warp

 Some of you may not remember what our house used to look like so I thought I would post a few pictures of what we were working with when we bought the house. This pictures is the backyard view. And let me tell you it did not look any better when the plants were alive in the summer time. 
Step on into the porch with me. This enclosed porch had all of this very dark old paneling and was the hangout spot  for Tiger 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5. Sometimes I wonder if the dogs knew that right outside these windows they would one day lie. Seriously if I was one of their dog's I would be terrified. You think they would help a dog out and leave some kind of warning for their predecessors to flee while they could.
The best part about this porch and one of the few things that was kept are the windows. They are older Anderson crank windows that for the most part are in pretty good shape. Granted I have had to do a lot of scrubbing to get the layers and layers of lacquer Mr. Amundsen would coat them with. I have also had to replace the window crank that were busted. 

This brick wall after taking two gallons of primer still required 6 gallons of paint and to be honest could still use some more. However I am going for the rustic look so we shall see what happens. :)

We are almost finished with our porch. So here is to hoping we can make our July 1st deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment