Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rule of Three

Back in October I started the hunt for the perfect table for my dining room. I literally spent months searching the Internet trying to find the exact table that I wanted. I have always been the one that would make super quick decisions when it comes to house purchases. If I see something I like I would take the plunge and just dive right in. Since I have been married to my husband I have tried to respect the “Rule of Three” (1).  

In December for Christmas I had gotten a couple gift cards to my absolute favorite place (2). I also conveniently had found a table from Pottery Barn that I just had to have and I had followed the rule so I was good to go. So the first chance I get once all the activities from Christmas was over I hopped online to order my table and to my dismay the table I had set my heart on was SOLD OUT, OUT OF STOCK, DISCONTINUED, NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! I was bummed and from that moment on I decided that the biggest problem with the “Rule of Three” is that if you wait too long the cows may just go on home for dinner.

Good news is that 5 months later on May 9th (3) Luke and I were strolling through Prairie Gardens and stumbled upon the perfect scratch and dent table that we ended up paying a whopping $69.01. Now on to the chair hunt!
________________________________________________________________________
(1.) The “Rule of Three” is pretty simple. Step #1: Find three different choice’s of the item you wish to purchase within your budget and compare them. Sounds not so bad right? HAHA Step #2: Sit on this decision for three months. Step #3: Come up with three reasons why you need this item vs. wanting it. (2.) Pottery Barn. For those of you who have never visited a store, spent hours scouring over their magazine or goggled their website take a quick break from whatever you are doing and click here www.potterybarn.com .  (3) May 9th 2009 just happens to be our anniversary. J

$69.01 Table from Prairie Gardens


No comments:

Post a Comment