Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Starbucks

Me and mornings just do not mix. My husband has learned that if he can give me at least thirty minutes before talking to me then I will at least be somewhat civil. I remember when I was a kid and every morning in the summertime my dad would take me over to Sholam pool for early morning practice. I would sit in complete silence mad at the world the whole way across town. I am sure most of the time I would grunt when getting out of the car and shut the door just a little bit harder then needed.

Anyway yesterday morning was no exception. I did not want to get up! In fact I did not get up until 7:47 and quickly brushed my teeth and three some clothes on while moving at a snails pace out the door. On my 3 minute trek to work I decided that Starbucks was a absolute must otherwise everyone in the office would pay. I ordered my usual tall hot chocolate and lemon loaf. 
After pulling out of Starbucks I started to ponder how many calories I was consuming with my  early morning treat. 

**Disclaimer: If you like Starbucks Hot Chocolate & Lemon Loaf the below information is true but terrifying and you may want to stop reading here.**

Tall Hot Chocolate w/ whip cream : 310 Calories
(1) Lemon Loaf: 490 Calories

I mean seriously 800 calories for 30 minutes of pleasure. I had absolutely no idea that I was consuming more than 1/3 of my calories for the day and it did not even make me feel full till lunchtime. I thought I would give you a snapshot of some other drive through breakfast items some good and some not so good. 

Restaurant
Item
Calories
McDonald’s
Fruit & Nut Oatmeal
290
Starbuck’s
Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal
140
McDonald’s
Yogurt Partfet
170
Subway’s
Flat Bread Egg White & Cheese
170
Dunkin Donuts
Multigrain Bagel
390
Dunkin Donuts
Bacon Egg & Cheese Bagel
530
Panera
Apple Crunch Muffin
450
Panera
French Toast Bagel w/ Sausage, Egg & Cheese
670

1 comment:

  1. You're ruining all the fun!

    Just kidding; actually, thanks for recommending the "Lose It" app - it has been a real gamechanger for us!

    ReplyDelete