Monday, June 13, 2011

TIGER

Most of you know that the house we bought last year was in quite disarray. After spending almost six months practically gutting the house and making it livable we moved into our second house three weeks after our 1st anniversary. 

After spending a year doing misc. things to the inside of our house I have slowly started to dream about the outside of our house. Along with gutting everything on the inside we removed two dump trucks of concrete, dead bushes, old plastic Santa,  a chain link fence, and a very tall windmill in the backyard. Last night I had decided that I was going to plant three little flowering bushes in our flower garden(1) behind the porch(2). I laid out my bushes and once I had decided on where to put them I set our to get my garden gloves and spade. No more than two shovels of dirt approx 8 inches below the ground my shovel hit something hard a metal. I thought that was a little odd so I moved over a couple of feet and started digging again. Two shovels in and 8" deep I hit something else that was metal. Trying not to panic I gave it one more try and moved over two more feet. At this point I had the ritual down two scoops and boom metal. I slowly backed away too scared to dig any further because I was 99.9% positive that I had just found Tiger.(3) Once Luke got home I explained the situation and told him I really felt like we needed to identify what was buried beneath this flower bed. Long story short my papa and nanny had decided to stop by so I roped papa into doing a little investigating. After a little work we discovered the grave of Tiger. It consisted of a 3ft x 2ft x 2ft  wooden crate with two metal plates that were ducted taped shut that housed a box with  carefully wrapped bones in some sort of burlap sack. So we removed that metal top, took a picture of papa the grave digger and filled the three holes back in. 

I would love to be able to remove all three graves but my fear is that once we start digging we may find more. My plan from here is to go ahead and plant right over Tiger 1, 2 and 3 and vow that I will not bury anymore dogs in the flower bed out back for the owners to come. :)


_________________________________________________________________________

1. This flower garden was the only spot in the yard that we left. In the spring time Lilly and crocus will be in full bloom. Last spring before we had moved in I was working out in the flower bed trying to remove the 68 concrete paves he had strewn throughout the bed and I had come  across a stake with a little black & white stripped medallion with the letter T on it.  2. Our enclosed porch was terrible it was a concrete slab that had one small overhead light and approx 10 different switches and outlets rigged to the side of each wall that was used to control all of the different lawn ornaments and Christmas lights that used to be displayed by sweet old Mr. Admundson. 3. Tiger was the Admundson's  dalmatian's. Yes I said Dalmatian's. Due to the fact that this breed of dog does not live very long, our quirky old neighbors had a total of four Dalmatian dogs that we know of  all named Tiger.

3 comments:

  1. I bet you never dreamed of the adventure that was ahead of you when you decided to buy the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is hilarious! Tigers! So many Tigers!

    I'm so glad I found your blog. :) Thanks Kim ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be such a funny story to tell for years to come.

    ReplyDelete