Friday, February 22, 2013

12 WEEKS


How far along: 
12 Weeks - Baby is the size of a Plum
About this week: 
A couple of days ago I gave in and wore my maternity pants. The next day I wore regular pants with my belly band and was miserable so it is back to the maternity pants for sure. It is super hard to find maternity jeans in Champaign-Urbana. I tried all the stores that sell jeans and I did find two pairs that fit but with my long legs and no hips it was a challenge. I will do a post in the coming weeks on what I liked and where I found what I have so far.  My sweet friend Margo gave me some stickers that you can put right on your t-shirt that say 12 weeks, 16 weeks ect. I am going to start this week.

Symptoms: 
Bloat, Nausea, Heartburn/Indigestion,trouble sleeping at night and the most crazy one is my sniffer. I seriously can smell something a mile away and most things have been giving me a gag reflex. I used to love the smell of my wall flowers at home but I had to take that down and opening the fridge or any fridge about does me in. I told Laura today this must be how dogs feel. Except they like all smells :)

Food Aversions: 
Really depends on the day. Most things just do not sound very good. I was eating an English muffin almost everyday and this week that has had to stop because I cant even swallow a bite.

Weight Gain:
Decided not to weigh myself today. It just makes me feel panicky and depressed. I am still not eating a ton and really dont eat sweets bc they do not seem appealing so I know that whatever I am gaining has to be my body adjusting to the baby and not because I eat to much.

Best moment of the week:
Hitting 12 weeks. This has been my first goal from the beginning. I feel like I can finally breath a little and that  this is really going to happen. 

What I am looking forward to:
We have a ultrasound on Monday and I am so so excited for this. These really help put your mind at ease each time you see the baby. And I think the baby is going to look so so different.

1 comment:

  1. The fridge was horrible for me too. Rick did a deep clean and that made a big difference, so maybe Luke could do that for you! Also I only had luck with maternity jeans at gap online. They have sales a lot so if you check every now and then you should find something! At the very end I also found a pair at target, but the maternity stores are so overpriced and not as stylish as gap, I think...

    ReplyDelete